- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
NEW DELHI — Fox Star Studios’ Bollywood debut My Name Is Khan will release in China on November 30 with a premiere in Beijing. Directed by Karan Johar, My Name Is Khan was released early this year and revolves around superstar Shah Rukh Khan as a Muslim man living in post-9/11 America.
The film was coproduced by Khan’s banner Red Chillies Entertainment and Johar’s Dharma Productions and distributed worldwide by Fox International.
“It’s an honor, especially since China allows only the release of 20 foreign films a year,” said Johar. “I can’t remember when the last time an Indian film was released there.”
“The Chinese authorities are really hard on foreign films. To be asked to release Khan is an amazing honor,” Fox Star Studios India CEO Vijay Singh added.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day
People's Choice Awards
Avatar: The Way of Water