- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
“What must it be like to be the most famous woman on Earth?” asks one character in the trailer for My Week With Marilyn.
Actress Michelle Williams (Blue Valentine) got to find out when she took on the starring role of Monroe for the upcoming biopic from The Weinstein Co.
In the newly released trailer, Williams dons Monroe’s signature blonde wig and curvy figure. The biopic follows Monroe in the summer of 1956, when she goes to Britain to film The Prince and the Showgirl. She is also on honeymoon with her new husband, playwright Arthur Miller. When Miller leaves the country, Monroe spends a week with a film assistant Colin Clark (Eddie Redmayne).
Williams’ Monroe comes off as emotional — even tortured — from having to maintain her public persona while still trying to be herself.
“She breaks hearts. She will break yours,” one character warns Colin Clark. “I think Marilyn knows exactly what she’s doing.”
Simon Curtis’ My Week with Marilyn, which opens Nov. 4, also stars Kenneth Branagh and Harry Potter star Emma Watson. The film will have its world premiere on October 9 at the New York Film Festival.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day