- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Something big — and mysterious — is being built in the deserts of New Mexico, and it has something to do with 2016’s Batman v. Superman: Dawn of Justice.
A news report from local Albuquerque station KOAT 7 reveals a large construction site in the desert outside Deming, although what exactly is being built isn’t clear. Between the desert location and design of the two towers at one end of the construction, this doesn’t look to be either Gotham City or Metropolis, but somewhere far more exotic. Could it be Wonder Woman’s home island of Themyscria, or another unexpected DC Universe location? One of the stops on the adolescent Bruce Wayne’s world trip to become Batman, perhaps? (There is a certain Nanda Parbat-ness about it, even if that’s somewhat of a deep cut.)
Directed by Zack Snyder and starring Henry Cavill, Ben Affleck, Amy Adams and Gal Gadot, Batman v. Superman is set for release in 2016, launching the newly announced DC line of movies from Warners.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day
Sterling K. Brown