- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Through a lavish Royal Wedding and a Diamond Jubilee, the Royal Family has done well to rehabilitate its image and bring happier times to Great Britain. It’s a long way from the cloud that hung over the nation after Princess Diana’s death, and now, thanks to a new film, the darkness will seemingly roll back over the British Isles once again.
Naomi Watts plays the late Princess Diana in the upcoming Oliver Hirschbiegel-directed film, Caught in Flight, which will focus on the last two years of the beloved princess’s life. Watts was caught on set in Croatia in full princess regalia, from sparkly dress and jewels to cropped blonde hair, greeting extras-as-fans in the nation; much of the film will deal with not only her search for happiness post-divorce, but the humanitarian work she did in central Europe.
“She is a part of our history, an incredible woman and fascinating but a tragic ending,” Watts previously told the Press Association. “The filmmakers came to me and it’s a good script and it’s very scary and I kind of wanted to say ‘no’ but I couldn’t.”
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day