- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Eastwood is directing and starring in the feature that is based on a book written by N. Richard Nash and a screenplay written by Nash and Nick Schenk, the latter who previously collaborated with the veteran actor-filmmaker on movies such as Gran Torino and The Mule.
According to the studio, Macho sees Eastwood as “a one-time rodeo star and washed up horse breeder who, in 1978, takes a job from an ex-boss to bring the man’s young son home and away from his alcoholic mom. Crossing rural Mexico on their back way to Texas, the unlikely pair faces an unexpectedly challenging journey, during which the world-weary horseman may find his own sense of redemption through teaching the boy what it means to be a good man.”
Urrejola plays the boy’s mother, whose abuse and neglect that threatened her son’s life.
Al Ruddy, Tim Moore, and Jessica Meier are producing with Eastwood.
In addition to starring in Narcos, Urrejola also appeared in the recent Latinx-themed reboot of Party of Five. The Chilean actress has worked extensively in her home country as well Mexico. She is repped by APA and Vision Entertainment.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day