- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Wolverine 3 may have found its villain in Narcos‘ Boyd Holbrook.
The actor is in early negotiations to play the baddie that will spar with Hugh Jackman’s Wolverine in the third installment of the Fox franchise.
David James Kelly will write the script with The Wolverine helmer James Mangold set to direct the X-Men spinoff, which Jackman has said will be his final appearance as the antihero. Patrick Stewart also will star in the pic.
Wolverine 3 is set to hit theaters March 3, 2017.
Holbrook, who is repped by CAA and Morris Yorn, played DEA agent Steve Murphy on Netflix’s Pablo Escobar drama Narcos. He also has had roles in such indie pics as Skeleton Twins, Very Good Girls and Sundance selection The Free World, as well as a part in David Finch’s Gone Girl. Holbrook will next appear alongside Paul Giamatti and Kate Mara in Luke Scott’s Morgan.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day