- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Actress-turned-director Morales debuted Language Lessons at the Berlin Film Festival and earned the audience award at the SXSW Film Festival. The film follows Adam (Duplass), whose husband surprises him with a gift of a year’s worth of weekly Spanish lessons.
But when tragedy strikes, his teacher Carino (Morales) becomes a lifeline he didn’t know he needed, and the two develop an unexpected and complicated emotional bond.
Shout! Studios has secured all distribution rights in North America and plans a theatrical launch later this year to being a strategic cross-platform rollout. The movie deal was negotiated by ICM Partners for Duplass Brothers Productions and Shout’s Jordan Fields, vp of acquisitions, Julie Dansker, head of new content sales and Steven Katz, vp of business affairs.
A production of Duplass Brothers Productions, Language Lessons is executive produced by Morales, Mark Duplass, and Jay Duplass.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day