- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Natalie Portman will direct and star as twin sisters in a drama about dueling advice columnists Esther and Pauline Friedman.
Portman will play dual roles as the writers behind the Ann Landers and Dear Abby columns. The sisters had a bitter professional rivalry but led personal lives that were equal parts competitive, jealous, successful and loving.
Katie Robbins, who currently serves as a producer on Showtime’s The Affair, will pen the feature that will be produced by Peter Saraf and Dani Melia of Big Beach.
Portman, who made her directorial debut with 2015 Israeli drama A Tale of Love and Darkness, is set to premiere two feature at TIFF: Xavier Dolan’s The Death and Life of John F. Donovan and pop star drama Vox Lux. She is repped by CAA and Law Offices of George Sheanshang.
Robbins is repped by by UTA, Aaron Kogan and attorney Jonathan E. Shikora.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day