- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Flipboard
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Tumblr
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
Natalie Portman’s fiance has come to her defense over reports that the Oscar-winning actress’ body double did most of the dancing in Black Swan.
Benjamin Millepied, who met Portman while working as a choreographer on the movie, told the Los Angeles Times that reports that American Ballet Theatre dancer Sarah Lane did most of the work are untrue.
“It was so believable, it was fantastic, that beautiful movement quality, ” he says of Portman’s performance. “There are articles now talking about her dance double that are making it sound like [Lane] did a lot of the work, but really, she just did the footwork, and the fouettés, and one diagonal [phrase] in the studio. Honestly, 85% of that movie is Natalie.”
Portman won an Oscar for her role in the Darren Aronofsky-directed movie last month. She and Millepied are engaged and expecting a baby this year.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day
More from The Hollywood Reporter
Michael Keaton Teases ‘Beetlejuice 2’: “We’re Doing It Exactly Like We Did the First Movie”
Lukas Gage, Megan Suri and Harvey Guillén Join Jack Quaid in Sci-Fi Thriller ‘Companion’
Tribeca Festival Features Directorial Debuts From Michael Shannon, Chelsea Peretti and More