- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Cannes — Veteran producer of factual programming Dean Palmer is joining NBC News as director of development in the Peacock Productions’ U.K. headquarters.
In this newly created position, Palmer will be responsible for original series and format development for the international division based out of London, and will report to UK managing director Steve Anderson. The appointment was unveiled during the MIPTV market in Cannes.
“Dean brings a proven track record and skills that are complimentary to Steve’s,” said Sharon Scott, president and general manager of Peacock Productions.
Prior to joining the NBCU fold, Palmer was a freelance executive producer who has worked for the BBC, ITV, C 4, CBC, Sony Pictures and Nutopia, among others. Recent showrunner credits include Redemption Inc. for the CBC, and he also ran the features and documentaries department at the British indie September Films.
“Following the strong performance of the Amanda Knox film on the BBC, our first international production, we are looking forward to the debut of several high-profile news-making documentaries both here and in the U.S.,” Anderson added.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day