- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
With Disney in production on the Angelina Jolie starrer Maleficent, producer Neal Moritz is moving forward with a comedy take of on the Sleeping Beauty fairy tale that turns the slumbering sweetie into a pesky stalker.
The 21 Jump Street producer is developing a modern-day retelling that finds the male protagonist accidently awakening Sleeping Beauty and finding that he can’t get rid of the lovestruck heroine.
Although Moritz’s Original Film banner has its deal at Sony, Sleeping Beauty is not yet set up at the studio and is being developed internally.
Original’s Amanda Lewis is shepherding the pic, which is being penned by Mike Gagerman and Andrew Waller. Corey May and Dooma Wenschuh of Sekretagent Prods. are also producing.
Moritz, best known for producing high-octane actioners like the Fast & Furious franchise, has proved adept with comedy as well, as evidenced by the box-office hit 21 Jump Street, which is being given the sequel treatment.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day