- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Sony continues its raid on the Saturday Night Live alumni pool for its female-led Ghostbusters reboot.
Former SNLer Neil Casey has signed on for the villain role, THR has confirmed. He joins one-time SNL alums Kristen Wiig, Kate McKinnon and Leslie Jones.
Paul Feig is directing Ghostbusters 3, which is currently shooting and is based on a script he wrote with his collaborator on The Heat, Kate Dippold. Melissa McCarthy, a three-time SNL host, stars in the film that Sony will release July 22, 2016.
Feig and Casey already have a working relationship. Casey currently stars in Feig’s Yahoo original series Other Space.
With Ghostbusters, Casey won’t be the only actor getting screen time. Chris Hemsworth will play a sidekick role to the female band of paranormal house cleaners.
Casey is a familiar face on cable comedy circuit, having appeared on Veep, Broad City and Inside Amy Schumer.
He is repped by UTA, Mosaic and attorney Dan Fox.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day
San Sebastian International Film Festival
They Cloned Tyrone