- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Neon’s Super LTD boutique label has picked up the North American rights to Jasmila Žbanić’s Quo Vadis, Aida?, which debuted at the Venice Film Festival.
The film about the 1995 genocide in Srebrenica as seen through the eyes of a courageous UN interpreter, Aida, is Bosnia and Herzegovina’s entry for the Academy Awards and was recently shortlisted.
Quo Vadis, Aida? also screened in Toronto and and was nominated for an Independent Spirit Award for best international feature.
Žbanić won the Berlinale Golden Bear in 2006 for her debut feature Grbavica, and her second feature On The Path also competed in Berlin in 2010. She also directed For Those Who Can Tell No Tales and Love Island.
Dan O’Meara and Darcy Heusel negotiated the deal for Super LTD, with Nicolas Eschbach and Simon Gabriele of Indie Sales.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day