- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
The creator of Kick-Ass, Wanted and Kingsman has announced that his first comic book project for Netflix will be The Magic Order, a new generational drama in which five families of magicians attempt to keep the world safe from unknown threats while living amongst humanity in secret. The series will be illustrated by Olivier Coipel.
“We wanted to make a splash with our first book for Netflix and this is it,” Millar said in a statement. “I love dark fantasy and there’s an enormous gap in the market for something like this. Netflix hiring Olivier has also made me the happiest guy alive. I’ve been after him for almost ten years so to finally have our names in the same book is an absolute honor.”
The Magic Order will be the first comic book project to be produced by Netflix, running six issues beginning in Spring 2018. The series will be released in both print and digital formats, according to the company. In a recent interview, Millar — now on staff at Netflix following the company’s purchase of his Millarworld imprint in August — said that he planned on creating around 20 comic book issues annually for the company, with new concepts and series appearing regularly alongside existing properties.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day
Santa Barbara International Film Festival