- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
The streaming giant released the first trailer for Lotje’s Sodderland’s story of rehabilitation and recovery from a traumatic hemorrhagic stroke. The trailer portrays the impact of a stroke on Sodderland, as it strips her of life skills.
The quick-cutting trailer captures the strange new world Sodderland now lives in, teeming with color and sound. My Beautiful Broken Brain is co-directed by Sophie Robinson and Sodderland and is an official selection of the 2016 SXSW Film Festival.
“I am thrilled to join Lotje and Sophie in sharing My Beautiful Broken Brain with the world,” Lynch, who executive produces the film, said Friday in a statement.
“The brain is truly fascinating and much in the way that our brains are able to achieve total coherence — finding enlightenment and fulfillment, you will surely be moved and inspired by this journey of self-rediscovery,” he added.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day