- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Netflix is readying to celebrate with Pee-wee Herman.
The streaming service announced that its original film Pee-Wee’s Big Holiday from Paul Reubens and Judd Apatow will premiere on March 18 at 12:01 a.m. PT. The announcement included a playful teaser that follows Pee-wee’s morning routine and fascination with a traffic light: “Just like I’ve seen in National Geographic!” he says before snapping a photo.
Few details about the film’s plot have been revealed, though Netflix said the movie kicks off with “a fateful meeting” between the child-like figure and a “mysterious stranger,” which inspires Pee-wee “to take his first-ever holiday in this epic story of friendship and destiny.”
The movie also features Joe Manganiello, Jessica Pohly, Alia Shawkat and Stephanie Beatriz. Reubens and Paul Rust (Comedy Bang! Bang!) co-wrote the screenplay, with Apatow producing through his Apatow Productions banner. John Lee, whose directing credits include episodes of Broad City and Inside Amy Schumer, will helm the project in his feature film debut.
Watch the teaser below.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day
Academy Museum of Motion Pictures