- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Ice Cube will be spending the holidays with Netflix.
Humbug, the Christmas Carol reimagining starring Ice Cube, has been picked up by the streamer. The contemporary take on the Charles Dickens classic was originally set up at Universal, which won a four-studio bidding battle to acquire the project back in 2015.
At Netflix, Humbug, which centers on a wealthy real estate mogul who is shown a path to redemption by the ghosts of Christmas Past, Present and Future, will undergo an extensive rewrite from duo Matt Ember and Tom Astle. Tim Story, who was set to direct when the film was at Universal, is no longer attached.
Todd Gardner, who recently worked with Netflix on the Marlon Wayans comedy Naked, is set to produce along with Ice Cube via his Cube Vision banner.
Ember and Astle, who wrote the Steve Carell-starrer Get Smart and the DreamWorks animation Home, are repped by Verve and Morris Yorn.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day