- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
The mystery thriller will be available on the online streaming giant in 190 countries after it premieres in Korean cinemas on Nov. 29.
Forgotten stars actor Kim Mu-yeol (Northern Limit Line) as a man who is released after being kidnapped for 19 days, and subsequently suffers memory loss. Kang Ha-neul (Midnight Runners) appears as his brother who tries to uncover the truth behind the strange disappearance.
The film is written and directed by Zhang Hang-jun (Manners in Battle) and produced by Jang Won-seok, who is known for such box-office hits as Tunnel, A Hard Day and The Outlaws.
According to Jang, the film was pre-sold to Netflix.
“Rather unprecedentedly, the [distribution contract with Netflix] was signed during the film’s scriptwriting stage,” said Jang. “This suggests that the sophisticated storyline strongly appealed [to Netflix]. We have high expectations that this Korean-style mystery chase thriller will be much loved by audiences not only in Korea but also around the world.”
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day
The Tonight Show