- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Flipboard
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Tumblr
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
Netflix is set to launch a new live-action interactive show, You vs. Wild, on April 10.
In the eight-episode series, viewers will join survival expert Bear Grylls, who previously starred on Discovery Channel’s Man vs. Wild, on adventures around the world.
Each episode will feature interactive experiences with multiple choices, continuing Netflix’s move to experiment with interactive entertainment, which has included the interactive show Black Mirror: Bandersnatch and several children’s programs.
Directed by Ben Simms, You vs. Wild is executive produced by Grylls, Chris Grant, Drew Buckley, Ben Silverman, Howard Owens, Rob Buchta and Delbert Shoopman. It is produced through Electus and Bear Grylls Ventures.
Said Grylls in a statement: “I’m so proud to deliver this first-of-its-kind live-action interactive series, really giving viewers an all-access pass to explore the world and its landscapes in my boots.”
Viewers will have the power to control which decision Grylls makes as he climbs mountains and enters jungles. “For the first time, my survival is in your hands,” the star added when sharing the series announcement on Twitter (watch, below).
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day