- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Not only does the trailer feature Matthew McConaughey saying one of the movie’s many taglines (“Mankind was born on Earth, it was never meant to die here,” for those playing alone at home), it also places the stakes of the movie in context for arguably the first time: Following the familiar set-up of McConaughey’s mission being revealed as one in which he has to find a new planet for humanity to live on, one of the Endurance crew helpfully explains “Every hour on that planet will be seven years back on Earth,” meaning that McConaughey really has risked abandoning his family forever to save humanity.
The Australian spot is just one of a number of new TV ads for the movie that have been released recently; three others have also debuted, each with new footage previously unseen in earlier trailers.
Interstellar, which also stars Michael Caine, Anne Hathaway and Jessica Chastain, is released in U.S. theaters Nov. 7.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day
People's Choice Awards