- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
With the Avengers set to assemble at the film’s world premiere on Thursday, Marvel took the pre-emptive liberty of introducing the super hero crew to the world a few hours early.
In yet another snippet of the blockbuster film, Tony Stark (Robert Downey Jr.) does a bit of explanatory smack talking to the flick’s chief villain, the fallen god Loki (Tom Hiddleston). And while the rest of Earth’s Mightiest Heroes don’t appear on screen, Stark talks them up well, including his characterization of The Hulk as “a man with breathtaking anger management issues.”
Downey Jr. will soon be back in Stark’s superhero skin, dealing quips and lethal blows as he begins production on Iron Man 3, which now may include Sir Ben Kingsley as one of its villains.
Avengers will hit theaters on May 4 after its closing night screening at the Tribeca Film Festival.
Email: Jordan.Zakarin@THR.com; Twitter; @JordanZakarin
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day