- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
By the time The Avengers comes out on May 4, fans who have been chained to YouTube may have experienced half the excitement already.
Marvel put out two new clips on Monday from their upcoming blockbuster team up flick, showing off both the big action set pieces and sharp words that are staples of its acclaimed director, Joss Whedon.
In the first clip, Iron Man (Robert Downey Jr.) battles Thor (Chris Hemsworth) in one of the promised skirmishes between larger-than-life heroes whose egos and modus operandi make it difficult for them to work together.
In the second clip, however, we’re reminded why it’s so imperative for the Avengers to — yes, we’ll say it again — assemble: Loki. Tom Hiddleston‘s wicked Norse God shares a cagey back-and-forth with Samuel L. Jackson‘s Nick Fury, as the rest of the team look on.
He really ought to watch himself when he talks about the Hulk.
The film’s marketing campaign is evidently working pretty well — tracking has it pacing for a potential $150 million opening, with more interest than The Hunger Games and The Dark Knight.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day