- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Ultimately, the Avengers will assemble — but it doesn’t mean they have to like it.
With each hero coming from his or her own comic universe — and some, autonomous film franchises — a big theme of director Joss Whedon‘s team up film is how the supersized egos and vastly different worldviews of the Marvel heroes will come together in time to save the world. Playing on that theme are six new posters released by the parent Disney studio, each featuring a star in the foreground — and some backup if they need it.
With John Carter out of the way, the big budget film will become Disney’s front-and-center priority, as has been evident over the past two days. On Monday, it was announced that select AMC Theaters will host screenings of all the preceding relevant Marvel films — Iron Man, Iron Man 2, The Incredible Hulk, Thor and Captain America — leading up to a midnight screening of The Avengers on May 4.
Starring Chris Evans (Captain America), Robert Downey Jr. (Iron Man), Chris Hemsworth (Thor), Samuel L. Jackson (Nick Fury), Mark Ruffalo (Bruce Banner/The Hulk), Scarlett Johansson (Black Widow), and Jeremy Renner (Hawkeye), the film is years in the making, and for Disney, the most important thing they’ll release this year.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day