- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
The new Bourne movie has found its villain.
French actor Vincent Cassel will play one of the villains in Universal’s latest installment of its hit action franchise starring Matt Damon.
Cassell joins Tommy Lee Jones and Alicia Vikander in the feature that sees Paul Greengrass back in the director’s chair.
Greengrass is also writing the screenplay with Christopher Rouse.
Cassel is playing a mysterious man simply known as the asset, industry code for assassin.
Cassel joins a list of actors that includes Clive Owen, Karl Urban and Edgar Ramirez who portrayed assets hunting Bourne at the bidding of an intelligence director in previous movies.
American audiences may know Cassel’s work through his appearances in Black Swan, Eastern Promises, and as the villain in Ocean’s Thirteen.
Cassel is represented by CAA and Adequat in France.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day
Super Mario Bros.
Samuel L. Jackson