- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
The second trailer for Neill Blomkamp’s Chappie has been released, filling in some more of the backstory about the near-future world and why it would be quite so suspicious of a lovable robot voiced by Sharlto Copley.
“A thinking robot could be the end of mankind!” declares Sigourney Weaver, but as the new glimpse at the sci-fi feature makes clear, that’s less of a worry for Hugh Jackman’s anti-robot crusader than the possibility of it being the end of his own plans to build human-operated drones for the authorities.
Following up on the first trailer’s heartwarming take on a robot’s first steps toward self-awareness, this new teaser pushes a more aggressive, action-oriented mood for the movie, complete with a showdown between Chappie and the larger, more violent drone piloted by Jackman’s character — a drone reminiscent of Omni Consumer Products’ ED-209. Does that make Chappie the mashup of Short Circuit and RoboCop that we didn’t even know we wanted?
Chappie hits theaters March 6.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day