- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
A new Cheech & Chong movie is in the early stages of development.
In a new interview, Tommy Chong reveals that he and longtime comedy partner Cheech Marin are teaming up with director Jay Chandrasekhar, a member of the Broken Lizard comedy troupe, who counts 2001’s Super Troopers and 2006’s Beerfest among his credits.
“He’s working a script right now for us,” Chong tells celebstoner.com. “We’ve had some preliminary meetings. It looks really good. It looks really funny. It will be about us going to a festival called the Burning Joint. All sorts of shenanigans happen. It’s going to be a lot of fun.”
In 2013, Cheech & Chong’s Animated Movie was released, but without the stoner duo’s participation. The as-yet-untitled project, which could start shooting this summer, says Chong, would be the first real Cheech & Chong movie since 1983’s Still Smokin.
Cheech & Chong’s Up in Smoke, released in 1978, was among that year’s highest-grossing films.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day