- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Forget about Koons or Chihuly, artist Nathan Sawaya has perfected the art of sculpture.
The Art of the Brick: DC Comics is an art exhibition bringing together everyone’s favorite DC superheroes and everyone’s favorite Danish stackable brick to create one magnificent product.
The lawyer-turned-Lego savant, Sawaya has created 120 original works of art for the exhibition, featuring some of DC’s most popular characters like Batman, Superman, Wonder Woman, The Joker and Harley Quinn. Sawaya also constructed a 18 foot-long Batmobile, as well as Wonder Woman’s invisible jet, and an avant-garde installation of the heroic Justice League.
“Just like Superman, everyone has their own origin story. This collection of art draws on elements of a hero’s journey including that moment when we’re all called to adventure,” Sawaya said.
The exhibition was created in partnership with DC and Warner Bros., who are releasing Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice and Suicide Squad on March 25 and Aug. 5 of next year, respectively.
The Art of the Brick: DC Comics kicks off on Nov. 21 at Sydney’s Powerhouse Museum and runs through May 1, 2016.
See the Batmobile and some of the other sculptures from the exhibition below.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day
Zurich Film Festival
Santa Barbara International Film Festival