- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Size matters — at least when it comes to self-aware superhero movies, apparently.
The latest glimpse at Fox’s Deadpool teases the Imax release of the movie with Ryan Reynolds’ fourth wall-breaking mercenary explaining the difference between regular movie screens and Imax screens with the help of an oversize chimichanga and a callback to a 1980s anti-drug campaign. (Watch the video at the end of this post.)
The 30-second clip comes ahead of the already announced release of a second full-length trailer for the movie on Friday, and continues a promotional campaign that focuses on Deadpool directly addressing the audience whenever possible, in line with the character’s comic-book awareness that he’s merely lines on paper.
It also continues the current round of promotion for the feature, which has seen images and other new material related to the movie — including, this weekend, an annotated page of screenplay.
— Ryan Reynolds (@VancityReynolds) December 19, 2015
Directed by Tim Miller and co-starring T.J. Miller, Morena Baccarin and Brianna Hildebrand, Deadpool is set for release on Feb. 12.
— Deadpool Movie (@deadpoolmovie) December 22, 2015
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day