- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
After releasing several trailers for his highly anticipated, slavery-and-revenge spaghetti Western homage, Tarantino gave audiences a first full look at Jackson’s white-haired character in the film. Whereas he once would have been the gun-toting badass in the flick (and he can still fire away onscreen, as seen in The Avengers), he now gives off a more senior tone, allowing Jamie Foxx (as Django, a freed slave searching for his wife) and Christoph Waltz (as Dr. King Schultz, a bounty hunter tracking the Brittle Brothers) to handle the majority of the firearm work — which they do, happily.
There are also a few deliciously diabolical moments with Leonardo DiCaprio, who plays wicked slave owner and death-fight purveyor Calvin Candie, as well as plenty of bloodletting throughout.
Truly, a warm, family-friendly film for Christmas Day.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day