- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
While Star Wars: Battlefront teases the Battle of Jakku — the fight between Imperial and Rebel forces that leads to the crashed Star Destroyer seen in the first trailer for The Force Awakens — a second video game will offer fans the chance to explore a conflict in another new world introduced in the upcoming movie.
The latest expansion for mobile game Star Wars: Commander takes players to Takodana, the world glimpsed in trailers that acts as home to Lupita Nyong’o’s character in the movie, the mysterious Maz Kanata.
New units for the expansion include the Luggabeast Munitioneer and Dowutin Hunters, both based on new aliens introduced in The Force Awakens and available as prizes for completed objectives inside the game, as of today.
Star Wars: Commander, available for mobile devices via Apple, Google Play and Amazon Appstore, has been downloaded more than 20 million times since its initial August 2014 launch, with more than 500 million battles having been fought inside the game since that time. Although new content previously has been released for the game since its debut, this is the first time an expansion has included content from the new movie’s mythology.
Watch a trailer for the new expansion, including the debut of the new units, below.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day