- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
A new action-packed trailer, featuring some surprisingly tender moments, for Disney’s Free Guy dropped Monday.
The Ryan Reynolds starrer is about a character in a video game who becomes self-aware and begins to change the rules of the world by becoming the hero as opposed to an NPC, or non-player character.
More than two-minutes long, the trailer shows eye-popping action along with Reynolds’ signature wit and charm. However, the spot also features some emotional moments, such as Reynolds’ character trying to come to terms with the fact that he is not real.
Free Guy also stars Jodie Comer, Joe Keery, Lil Rel Howery, Utkarsh Ambudkar and Taika Waititi.
Directed by Shawn Levy, the story is by Matt Lieberman and a screenplay by Lieberman and Zak Penn. The film is produced by Reynolds, Levy, Sarah Schechter, Greg Berlanti and Adam Kolbrenner with Mary McLaglen, Josh McLaglen, George Dewey, Dan Levine and Michael Riley McGrath serving as executive producers.
Free Guy is currently slated to open in U.S. theaters on Dec. 11, although Reynolds and company did cut a trailer tease released Sunday in which they did multiple (joke) takes for the release being pushed due to the pandemic.
Watch the new Free Guy trailer below.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day
Ticket to Paradise