- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
The series based on George R. R. Martin‘s A Song of Ice and Fire book series returns March 31, and HBO has been releasing teasers playing off of the 3/31/13 premiere date.
In the new featurette, executive producers/writers/directors David Benioff and D.B. Weiss weigh in on the upcoming season.
“We always envisioned season three as sort of the place we needed to get,” Weiss says. “If we made it through season three, if we could do season three right, then it would all be worthwhile.”
Meanwhile, executive producer Frank Doelger says the production travels to several new locations this season, with the show shooting primarily in Northern Ireland but also in Iceland and Morocco. He also notes the addition of several new characters.
“The expectations are very high for this season,” he says. “I think we’ve fulfilled them.”
Castmembers Peter Dinklage, Richard Madden, Emilia Clarke and Maisie Williams also offer some teasers.
“The game’s been upped,” says Clarke, who plays Daenerys Targaryen. “There’s so much more danger, so much more risk.”
Watch the video below.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day