- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
There was something strange in the neighborhood Thursday morning, with character posters for the leads in Paul Feig’s Ghostbusters reboot manifesting across the Internet.
Each of the four posters — which debuted on the websites of four different Time Inc. publications: Time, InStyle, People and Entertainment Weekly — features a close-up spot-color shot of one of the main castmembers, along with the movie’s logo and tagline: “Who you gonna call.”
Each shot also features a piece of familiar Ghostbusters iconography — the proton pack, the particle thrower, the ghost trap and the team’s logo — with two of the posters offering hints at their characters’ personalities; Leslie Jones’ character has a necklace with her name on it, and Kate McKinnon’s has a nuclear logo with a heart at the center. (Melissa McCarthy’s identifier is likely her sneer, while Kristen Wiig’s is … less obvious, admittedly.)
The release of the posters follows Wednesday’s debut of a group shot of the four main characters. The new movie, which also features Chris Hemsworth, Michael Kenneth Williams and Cecily Strong, will be released July 15, 2016.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day