- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
John Carpenter is getting back into the Halloween spirit with a little help from Jason Blum.
Carpenter will executive produce the new addition to the franchise, which will be produced by Blum under his Blumhouse banner. Malek Akkad (2007’s Halloween) will also serve as a producer through his Trancas banner.
The new movie will be co-financed by Blumhouse and Miramax, which holds the worldwide distribution rights. David Thwaites will oversee the project for Miramax.
“Thirty-eight years after the original Halloween, I’m going to help to try to make the 10th sequel the scariest of them all,” said Carpenter.
Added Blum: “Halloween is one of those milestone films that inspired everyone at our company to get into the world of scary movies. The great Malek Akkad and John Carpenter have ???a special place in the hearts of all genre fans, and we are so excited that Miramax brought us together.”
Bringing Carpenter and Blum together means the new Halloween movie will be old-school horror meets new-school scares.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day