- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
The epic scope of Interstellar is on full view in the latest trailer for the upcoming Christopher Nolan science fiction movie, which shows Earth in the throes of ecological disaster and Matthew McConaughey and Anne Hathaway struggling to come to terms with their mission to save humanity.
“Your daughter’s generation will be the last to survive on Earth,” Michael Caine tells McConaughey, before making his mission clear: “You’re the best pilot we ever had. Get out there and save the world.” In addition to the impressive special effects, the trailer emphasizes the immensity of what lies ahead with a simple exchange between McConaughey and Hathaway, when the latter says that they have gone farther than any human in history, only for McConaughey to angrily reply “Well, not far enough!”
“We’ll find a way. We always have,” are the last words heard in the trailer. Whether or not that optimism is rewarded in the movie will remain a mystery until its release in theaters Nov. 7.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day