- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Tim Heidecker, one of the co-creators and stars of Adult Swim’s Tim and Eric Awesome Show, Great Job!, has joined the cast of Us, the latest movie from Get Out filmmaker Jordan Peele.
Heidecker will star alongside the already cast Lupita Nyong’o, Winston Duke and Elisabeth Moss in the film, whose story centers on two couples, one white and one black.
Plot details are being kept under wraps, but sources say the pic is meant to be as provocative and thought-provoking as Peele’s Oscar-winning debut, 2017’s Get Out.
Peele is once again directing from his own script. He also is producing via his Monkeypaw Productions, alongside Sean McKittrick and Jason Blum. Also producing is Monkeypaw’s Ian Cooper.
Universal has dated the movie for a March 15, 2019, release.
Heidecker is half of the comedy duo Tim & Eric (Eric Wareheim being the other half), who have headlined several shows and a special over the years. He also has popped up on numerous TV shows and in films, and currently appears in Ant-Man and the Wasp. He is also a co-creator, along with Fred Armisen and John C. Reilly, of the A24 TV pilot Moonbase 8.
Heidecker is repped by UTA, Rise Management and Sloane Offer.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day