- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Despite being a millionaire playboy, the world’s greatest detective and a beloved crime fighter, it’s not easy being Batman — or so the latest trailer for The Lego Batman Movie wants you to believe.
The problem for the blockhead Dark Knight (voiced by Will Arnett) this time out isn’t keeping Gotham safe or dealing with a suspicious police force, however — indeed, Barbara Gordon (Rosario Dawson), the new commissioner of police, wants to team up with Batman, much to his horror. Instead, it’s a fear of commitment that means that the caped crusader even refuses to accept the Joker as his arch-nemesis.
Of course, the Joker isn’t the only villain to make an appearance in the trailer — other obscure foes making blink-and-you’ll-miss-it appearances include Crazy Quilt, Kite Man and King Tut. Also shown is the less villainous, but no less threatening, Robin the Boy Wonder (Michael Cera). And then, of course, there’s the unmistakable threat of snake clowns, which, once you’ve spent a minute thinking about, you’ll never be able to forget. Just ask Batman himself.
The Lego Batman Movie will be released Feb. 10, 2017. Watch the new trailer below.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day
Zurich Film Festival
Santa Barbara International Film Festival