- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Lego, as we all know, makes everything better. The very idea, therefore, of Lego Marvel Super Heroes is something that’s fairly unbeatable to begin with — and the latest trailer for the upcoming game ups the ante with the debut of the Lego version of one of the biggest Marvel characters of all (literally). Lego Galactus, anyone?
The game is the product of an unusual partnership between Marvel Entertainment, the Lego Group, TT Games and Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment (Warner Bros., after all, owns Marvel’s biggest competitor, DC Entertainment), and brings together more than a hundred of Marvel’s most well-known characters — including the X-Men, Avengers, Fantastic Four and Spider-Man, amongst many others — to face threats including Loki, Doctor Doom and, yes, the devourer of worlds himself.
All of this is delivered with the trademark humor of the Lego video games, which means some in-jokes, some deep cuts for the hardcore fans — yes, that really is Squirrel Girl you see for a second in there — and a particular brand of silliness that’s hard to resist. Watch the trailer and realize just how much you’d love to see a Marvel movie that looked like this much fun.
Lego Marvel Super Heroes will be released this fall.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day