- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
New Line has acquired the high-concept fantasy pitch Crescenthia from Beau Flynn, the producer of the company’s DC movie, Black Adam.
Writing duo Alex Ankeles and Morgan Jurgenson are behind the project which Flynn will be producing through his FlynnPictureCo.
Details are being kept secret but Crescenthia, which is a working title, is described as a fun, new twist on the fantasy genre inspired by magical escapist fare such as Chronicles of Narnia, The Wizard of Oz and The Neverending Story.
FlynnPictureCo.’s Scott Sheldon will executive produce.
FlynnPictureCo.’s most recent release was Black Adam, the Dwayne Johnson-starring adventure movie which has grossed almost $385 million worldwide since its Oct. 21 opening. The banner also produced Netflix’s Red Notice and Disney’s Jungle Cruise. Both movies have sequels in development.
Ankeles and Jurgenson most recently sold a high-concept fantasy adventure to Universal with Davis Entertainment and Ross Siegel producing. Jurgenson co-wrote and produced the 2010 cult horror hit Tucker and Dale vs. Evil which starred Tyler Labine and Alan Tudyk.
Ankeles and Jurgenson are repped by Kaplan/Perrone Entertainment. Ankeles is additionally reped by Lichter Grossman while Jurgenson is additionally repped by Eclipse Law.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day