- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Todd Strauss-Schulson, who directed New Line’s 2011 movie A Very Harold & Kumar 3D Christmas, is returning to the company for Isn’t It Romantic, a romantic comedy that has Rebel Wilson attached to star.
Todd Garner, Grant Scharbo and Gina Matthews are producing.
The story tells of a cynical woman who discovers that her life has become a romantic comedy, and she goes from sidekick to center stage.
Erin Cardillo wrote the initial script; Dana Fox, Katie Silberman and Paula Pell worked on it as well.
Strauss-Schulson was known for his comedic shorts when he landed the gig of helming the Harold & Kumar movie. Isn’t It Romantic won’t be his first deconstruction of a genre — the director comedically unraveled the slasher-horror genre with 2015’s The Final Girls, which starred Malin Akerman, Nina Dobrev, Thomas Middleditch and Adam Devine.
Strauss-Schulson is repped by WME, Oly Obst and Dave Becky at 3 Arts and Greg Slewett at Bloom Hergott.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day