- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Take a hike Ewoks and adorable animated cubs from Brave — there’s a new cute bear in cinemas, and he’s got surprisingly good manners.
A new U.S. trailer for Paddington — the live-action adaption of the much loved British children’s books by author Michael Bond — has been released, introducing the eponymous bear to American audiences, complete with his worrying love of marmalade. (Leave the honey to the other bears.)
Bond created the character for 1958’s A Bear Called Paddington after being inspired by the sight of a single teddy bear on a toy-store shelf near Paddington Station in London. A bear who traveled to the United Kingdom from Peru and adopted by a loving family, he went on to star in more than 20 additional books as well as three animated television series.
The movie features Downton Abbey‘s Hugh Bonneville, Julie Walters, current Doctor Who Peter Capaldi and Nicole Kidman, alongside Ben Wishaw, who replaces the originally announced Colin Firth as the voice of Paddington.
Directed by The Mighty Boosh‘s Paul King, Paddington will be released Jan. 16 2015.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day