- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Gabriel Chavarria, who plays one of the leads in Universal’s upcoming drama Low Riders, is in early talks to nab a key role in Fox’s latest Planet of the Apes installment.
Matt Reeves, who directed 2014’s Dawn of the Planet of the Apes, has returned as helmer for the new project, which has the working title War of the Planet of the Apes. Mark Bomback also is back as screenwriter and Chernin Entertainment as the producer.
It is unclear who is returning to the new movie, which will continue the story of Caesar, the evolved ape who is brought to life via motion capture by Andy Serkis.
Chavarria’s first role was a part in Freedom Writers, the 2007 Hilary Swank drama. A few TV appearances and a part in A Better Life, the Chris Weitz drama that starred Demian Bichir, followed.
The actor is a series regular on Hulu’s East Los High and earlier this year nabbed a starring role in Low Riders, the drama from Universal Pictures, Blumhouse Productions and Imagine Entertainment.
The movie could act as a feature breakthrough when it is released in 2016, but it is clearly opening doors for Chavarria; he is repped by Paradigm.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day