- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
New Regency has picked up film rights for the upcoming young adult book Devils Unto Dust, which is described as True Grit meets 28 Days Later.
Set in 1870s West Texas, the story follows 17-year-old Daisy Wilcox, who journeys through a Reconstruction period plagued by a deadly virus infecting thousands with a rabies-like disease that turns people into murderous “Shakes.” When Daisy’s father disappears, she hires two Shake-hunters who specialize in killing the infected and sets off into the frontier to find him.
Devils Unto Dust is the debut novel from author Emma Berquist and will be published by HarperCollins in April via its Greenwillow imprint.
Big Talk Pictures’ Nira Park will produce the feature adaptation, along with New Regency’s Arnon Milchan. Big Talk’s Rachael Prior will executive produce.
Berquist is repped by Paradigm and Bent Agency.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day
Santa Barbara International Film Festival