- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Not only does the comic book writer and artist get credited in the movie’s full title (Frank Miller’s Sin City: A Dame to Kill For, for the curious), but he’s also credited two other times in the new trailer, as co-director (with Robert Rodriguez) and writer; his artwork also appears in title cards identifying the main characters in the long-awaited follow-up to 2005’s Sin City.
In addition to playing to Miller’s ego, the new trailer also works as an introduction for newcomers both to the morally murky world of the (predominantly) black-and-white uber-noir world, and the storylines contained in this adaptation of Miller’s comic book series, with the relationships between Marv, Nancy, Dwight and the other characters laid out for those who’ve never visited the crime-filled city before.
Sin City: A Dame to Kill For will be released Aug. 22.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day