- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
The very first Star Wars video games attempted to re-create the feeling of piloting X-wing fighters with limited graphics and arguably little resemblance to the movies. As the latest trailer for EA’s Star Wars: Battlefront demonstrates, things have changed significantly since then.
Showcasing the game’s “Fighting Squadron” mode, the new video shows actual game footage of X-wings, TIE Fighters and other Star Wars spacecraft (Imperial Shuttles! TIE Interceptors! A-wings!) engaging in the types of dogfights that even George Lucas would be proud of — and, just like in the movies, the value of a last-minute save from Han Solo in the Millennium Falcon can’t be overstated.
As with other Battlefront videos, it’s worth watching the video through the end for a last-minute reveal that might thrill longtime fans of the franchise … although Han would likely feel far less excited about the new participant that shows up.
Star Wars: Battlefront will be released Nov. 17 for PlayStation 4, PC and Xbox One. Now let’s blow this thing and we can all go home.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day
Lisa Marie Presley