- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Things are certainly moving for Warner Bros’ DC cinematic universe.
Following the release of new concept art for the Justice League, a new poster for this summer’s Suicide Squad has been released, showing the entire team — including Viola Davis’ Amanda Waller — trying to stare down the audience.
The poster, which also features Jared Leto’s Joker standing apart from the group, debuted on Yahoo! Movies on Tuesday and came after the release of a number of individual teaser posters for the characters across social media this past weekend, accompanied by the tagline “Worst. Heroes. Ever.”
Suicide Squad can rightfully make that claim, because it’s a group made up of supervillains, brought together by government agent Waller to carry out missions so dangerous that no one with any choice in the matter would volunteer — hence the name of the team, and the movie. Amongst their number are Harley Quinn (Margot Robbie), Deadshot (Will Smith) and Killer Croc (Adewale Akinnuoye-Agbaje).
The new poster’s release comes ahead of the first official trailer for David Ayer’s movie, which will debut during the CW’s DC Films Present The Dawn of the Justice League special on Tuesday night. Suicide Squad will hit theaters on Aug. 5.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day