- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
The recently-released trailer for Peter Jackson’s The Hobbit: The Battle of the Five Armies reminded audiences of how close to the end of the Hobbit trilogy. But what happened between that tale and Lord of the Rings? New trailers for Shadow of Mordor offer some clues.
Developed by Monolith Productions for Warner Bros. Interactive with the input of Jackson and artists at the Weta Workshop who worked on the Hobbit and Lord of the Rings movies,
The story is described as “separate,” but overlapping, with the central ring of power storyline of both The Hobbit and Lord of the Rings, although characters from those stories—most notably, Gollum—make appearances in the new game.
Trailers have been released for both the story and gameplay of Shadows of Mordor, with the latter teasing the possibility to “dominate, terrorize, and turn your enemies against each other” when the game is released September 30 for PlayStation 4, PlayStation 3, Xbox 360 and Xbos One platforms. Watch the trailers below.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day
Jon M. Chu