- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
A common thread following early screenings of X-Men: Days of Future Past has been how impressive one particular scene, in which Quicksilver rescues Magneto from captivity, is. Capitalizing on the buzz, a new promo for the movie offers glimpses at the high speed jailbreak.
Introduced by a monologue from Patrick Stewart’s Professor Xavier, the new “Quicksilver” promo mixes Evan Peters’ introduction to the team — as glimpsed in an earlier trailer — with snippets from his rescue of Magneto from incarceration, giving the slightest of tastes of what to expect from watching the super-speedster in action.
Watching the video’s inventive take on the basic super power of “doing things very fast,” it looks as if the X-Men incarnation of the character may set the bar pretty high for Joss Whedon’s competitive take in next year’s Avengers: Age of Ultron. Perhaps having two Quicksilvers could end up being a good thing after all.
Check out the clip below, courtesy of Fox. X-Men: Days of Future Past will be released May 23.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day