- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
In the new Zoolander 2 trailer, someone is trying to kill really, really, ridiculously good-looking people — and only Derek Zoolander (Ben Stiller) can save the day.
The trailer reveals that Zoolander and fellow male-model superstar Hansel (Owen Wilson) are no longer as famous as they once were, walking a runway sporting labels that read “old” and “lame.”
But soon Zoolander and Hansel find a new calling as they’re approached by an Interpol agent played by Penelope Cruz.
“Someone is trying to kill the world’s most beautiful people,” she informs him as Justin Bieber is revealed as one of the targets. The pop star and other victims have died after sporting Zoolander’s “blue steel” look. So she tells him to “infiltrate the world of high fashion” to uncover the murder plot.
The trailer reveals that one of the original film’s central characters is back, as well as providing more of a sense of the scenes behind many of the photos that emerged from filming earlier this year.
Zoolander 2, which features returning stars Stiller and Wilson as well as Kristen Wiig and Cruz, hits theaters on Feb. 12. Stiller also directed and produced the follow-up, with Justin Theroux writing the screenplay.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day
Red Sea Film Festival