- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
With two weeks to go before the release of Star Wars: The Force Awakens, fans are being given the chance to visit Jakku — home planet to Rey, Daisy Ridley’s new character from the movie — courtesy of Google, Verizon and Lucasfilm’s ILMxLAB.
Those taking part in Jakku Spy will get to see a series of messages from the Resistance that will update between now and the release of the movie, created in conjunction with Lucasfilm’s Story Team — the group tasked with keeping track of canon throughout the many spinoff stories — and Force Awakens director J.J. Abrams. Additionally, viewers will be able to explore one of the newest worlds in the Star Wars galaxy.
Spy is available to anyone with the iOS and Google Play Star Wars app and a Google Cardboard viewer — but for those looking to go the extra distance, Verizon stores are offering exclusive Star Wars-themed viewers throughout the day.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day
The Tonight Show